Jul 24, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
Things finally started happening yesterday at Eagles training camp over at the NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia. Not a ton of interesting things exactly. But the football activities finally got underway for the rookies and select vets already in camp.
With the rest of the veterans reporting later this week, Chip Kelly shared the news that the first real padded practice will be Sunday when the team takes things across the street where thousands of fans can watch at the Linc.
CSN’s Geoff Mosher has a whole lot more on the likely differences between an Andy Reid padded practice and what Chip Kelly has told us about his plans. Andy loved the pads. Chip hasn’t been as committal about them and says he’ll sprinkle them in here and there while using the four preseason games as the real chance to get some hitting in.
It seems pretty clear though that Sunday at the Linc isn’t going to be some promotional walk through event ala Flight Night. If you have one of the free tickets, you’re going to see a real practice. Not bad for the price of the ticket.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money