Mar 28, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
For some, it’s not so much that Andy Reid retains many of the same shortcomings week after week and year after year — it’s his attitude about it.
“We had young guys there, and so I knew that going in,” Reid said Wednesday at the start of an hour-long interview at the NFL owners meetings. “The plan that I had I didn’t execute it very well. Right? Thaty’s my responsibility. I goofed on that one, right? I expected the young guys on defense to get where they’re getting by the end of the season sooner, particularly the middle of the defense — linebackers and safeties.
“I expected the offense to carry it through. So that part didn’t take place. But to tell you, yeah, your linebackers — the more gaps you open up, the more physical they have to be. That’s how it is.”
Separately, The 2012 Andy Reid Checklist of Things We Needed to Hear Before We Could Emotionally Invest in This Team and This Head Coach Again:
1. I made some personnel mistakes last season 2. Those mistakes were exacerbated by our style of defense 3. I should have known better 4. I expected us to score enough points for it not to matter 5. Even our young corps of safeties contributed to the problem
Well, he hit all of the major talking points (at least on the defensive side of the ball).
|mfrey0118 on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|frank on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money