Aug 8, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
Just three days after unfathomable tragedy struck at Lehigh, and one day after the funeral of his oldest son, Garrett, Andy Reid reportedly has returned to training camp as the Eagles begin preparing for Thursday night’s preseason opener. Coach Reid will hold a press conference later on this morning, and is expected to be on the sidelines for the game as well.
Some thought Andy might take a little more time, others have opined he should. If the head coach and his family believe what’s best during this difficult period of mourning is to attempt to get back to normal, who can argue?
While I can’t relate to the Reids’ situation, I appreciate it’s hard for anybody around the Eagles to think about football right now. My intention heading into this week was to examine different aspects of the team similar to how we’ve done in recent weeks and seasons past, but Monday rolled around and it didn’t feel appropriate, Tuesday no more so. Today doesn’t feel a whole lot better either, but there is a game tomorrow, so we’re going to jump back into it.
It feels small and trivial by comparison, but after a trying past few days, putting the focus on football might be the best medicine. We will continue to keep the entire Reid family in our thoughts though.
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Cadiblack32 on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages