Dec 17, 2012, 2:51 PM EDT
With the news that Andy Reid’s son Garrett was in possession
of steroids at the time of his death, it’s tempting to leap to conclusions. In
a statement through the Philadelphia Eagles, the head coach attempted to squash
such an association.
“As you all know, my son Garrett battled addiction for
many years. While there were some victories along the way, it ultimately was a
battle that he lost and that cost him his life. Our family feels the pain of
that loss every day.
“Today’s report saddens me greatly, but only confirms the troubles Garrett
encountered in the final years of his life. As parents, we were encouraged by
his apparent progress but, like many addicts, he was able to conceal the signs
“Jeffrey Lurie, the Eagles organization and the people of Philadelphia
have been remarkably supportive of my family throughout our ordeal. I am
confident that my son’s decisions did not affect our football team in any way.
I cannot apologize enough for any adverse appearances that my son’s actions may
have for an organization and a community that has been nothing but supportive
of our family.”
In other words, it is not believed at this time that there was any connection to the steroid supply found in Garrett’s dorm at Lehigh University — site of Eagles training camp — and the team’s players. It’s worth noting nobody has tested positive for a PED, either. However, no definitive word on who they were for.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return