Aug 17, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Birds fans are about as excited with the team’s trio of Pro Bowl corners as football fans can get about a secondary. While not many positions outside of the offensive skill players are really “sexy,” there’s something about a ridiculously talented corner out there on his own island that has an appeal to it.
So it’s not surprising the consensus in Philly seems to hope that Howie Roseman decides to keep Asante Samuel in Eagles green instead of trading him. While the was some very initial rumblings after Nnamdi Asomugha signed with the Eagles that the team could then maybe deal Samuel for a position of need, notably linebacker. But after a shortened training camp the team seems fairly content with their young linebackers, so much so that you’ll likely see a rookie starter in Casey Matthews.
So what might they get in return for Asante if they decide to deal him? In a nice article about the state of the Eagles and their dreamy additions, Yahoo!’s Michael Silver says that Roseman has been asking for two second round draft picks in return for Samuel. He also goes on to note that the Eagles’ young GM says he’s “comfortable” going into the season with his three stud corners.
That would likely make Birds’ fans happy. Still, it’s worth considering the options. Do you prefer an embarrassment of riches at one position for a season in which you’re most certainly “going for it?” Or do you deal one to add even more pieces down the line?
Also, there’s a Young MC reference complete with clickable audio in linked Yahoo! article. We need that kind of technology on the Level.
>>Dreamy additions have Eagles thinking big [Yahoo!]
|Tom on #AskFakeWIPCaller: A Philly Sp…|
|Tom on Must See TV – Reggie Whi…|
|jamesisajeweler on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|Tony on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages