Feb 3, 2013, 11:26 PM EST
In a game that looked like a total snoozer before the lights went out, Super Bowl XLVII turned into a wild one that ended with a self-inflicted safety and a punt. You certainly can’t say it was uneventful evening.
In the end, the early lead the Baltimore Ravens worked for proved to be enough. But damn, Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers made it interesting.
How about that no-call on the final San Fran chance in the end zone? Wild. Imagine if you were a Niners fan in that situation. Yikes.
There are plenty of Philadelphia tie-ins on the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. MVP Joe Flacco is the obvious local guy to get a ring. But Juan Castillo, former Eagles legendary running back Wilbert Montgomery, and former safety Sean Considine all worked to get Baltimore the trophy.
And of course John Harbaugh helped himself become a head coach by working under Ray Rhodes and Andy Reid with the Eagles.
The NFL Draft is on Thursday, April 25th.
But in related news: pitchers and catchers on February 12th.
How about Juan Castillo. Gets fired in October, gets a ring in February. Ring for Sean Considine, too. And Wilbert Montgomery.
— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) February 4, 2013
|PhillyFan on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|33 on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Pete D on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages