Jun 9, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
A few weeks back, the Eagles learned they would receive financial assistance from the NFL to give Lincoln Financial Field a makeover. With the resources squared away, the team took the next step on Saturday, revealing the plans behind the two-year revitalization project.
Many of the anticipated upgrades were confirmed, including new high-def video boards, and improvements at the stadium entrances that are designed to get fans inside the building faster. The Eagles also announced an additional 1,600 seats will be added via expansions in three corners.
It’s the little things that count though. Some long overdue changes include the introduction of free Wi-Fi, and an expanded offering at the concession stands – something you told us back in 2012 had gone overlooked. Footnotes in the grand scheme, but important to the people.
Reuben Frank has all the details, so if you’re interested in TV specs, or how exactly they expect to usher 30,000 fans into the Linc within 15 minutes, you should read on. Here are some pretty pictures (courtesy PhiladelphiaEagles.com) of what the stadium will look like upon completion, which also happen to showcase another feature sure to put a smile on a few faces.
Besides practical updates, pictures and banners are being placed around the building, giving some life to an otherwise cold structure.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money