Jun 9, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
A few weeks back, the Eagles learned they would receive financial assistance from the NFL to give Lincoln Financial Field a makeover. With the resources squared away, the team took the next step on Saturday, revealing the plans behind the two-year revitalization project.
Many of the anticipated upgrades were confirmed, including new high-def video boards, and improvements at the stadium entrances that are designed to get fans inside the building faster. The Eagles also announced an additional 1,600 seats will be added via expansions in three corners.
It’s the little things that count though. Some long overdue changes include the introduction of free Wi-Fi, and an expanded offering at the concession stands – something you told us back in 2012 had gone overlooked. Footnotes in the grand scheme, but important to the people.
Reuben Frank has all the details, so if you’re interested in TV specs, or how exactly they expect to usher 30,000 fans into the Linc within 15 minutes, you should read on. Here are some pretty pictures (courtesy PhiladelphiaEagles.com) of what the stadium will look like upon completion, which also happen to showcase another feature sure to put a smile on a few faces.
Besides practical updates, pictures and banners are being placed around the building, giving some life to an otherwise cold structure.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages