Sep 19, 2012, 12:55 PM EST
Eagles rookie backup quarterback Nick Foles certainly made a splash in the preseason by performing well enough to unseat Mike Kafka for the role of No. 2 behind injury-prone Mike Vick. But did you know there may already be an epidemic going around known as ‘Foles Fever?’
It helps when your name works into an alliteration nicely.
Despite having never actually played in an NFL regular season football game, Foles is proving that sometimes the most popular guy in Philadelphia is often the backup quarterback — or maybe sometimes the backup’s backup.
It turns out that Foles is joining another scrappy Eagles fan favorite from yesteryear, Mr. Invincible himself Vince Papale, as not-exactly-stars to appear at an autograph signing in Center City. Nothing earth shattering there besides an opportunity for Fake WIP Caller to have the best days of his life meeting those two.
What I found a little interesting, however, was the apparent existence of Foles Fever. From a promotional release.
Also, backup quarterback Nick Foles will be making his first
appearance of his professional career. Foles Fever is in full effect so
come out on Tuesday, October 2 from 4:15 to 6 p.m. to see him before he
gets too hot this season!
I don’t think there can really be a Foles Fever until he stars in a Gary Barbera commercial.
Both players’ appearances will take place at the Sports Cave in One Liberty Place. Papale will be there on September 26 while Foles will be there on October 2. Be sure to bring your hand sanitizer.
|will on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|hatshop on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|Hiccup on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages