Apr 23, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
Brian Dawkins announced on Twitter that he’s retiring from the game of football. His full message:
The Lord has blessed me to play in the NFL for 16 years. I would
like to thank the Eagles & the Broncos 4 believing In me. I would
like 2 thank all my teammates & Coaches that I have been blessed 2
go to battle with. Along with u, the fans 4 helping make my career 1
that i have enjoyed tremendously.
In other words. I am announcing my retirement from the NFL. #BBTB
There’s something strange about one of the baddest men in football using ’2′ and ’4′ and ‘u’ as words in a somewhat official message.
We’ll miss you, Dawk.
And Jeff McLane adds that Dawk has an open invite from the Birds to retire as an Eagle. That would be fantastic.
|coop on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|larrycramsey on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|mehaul on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|Chris Watson on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
- Finding Gillooly: What Happened To Figure Skating's Infamous Villain?
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages