Jan 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Philadelphia is not the only place legendary Eagles safety Brian Dawkins is both respected and beloved. His alma mater, the Clemson Tigers, will name the Brian Dawkins Lifetime Achievement Award after No. 20, according to Clemson sports website TigerNet.com.
[Clemson coach] Swinney said the award will be given to a former Clemson football
player 10 years removed from Clemson and “it is about being the best and
living your life that way”. The first recipient will be Brian Dawkins.
B-Dawk responded to the news via Twitter:
Tweeps… I’m am truly speechless. Thank u To President Barkar,
Dabo Swinney,Athletics Director Dan Radakovich, Jeff Davis Pat Sapp
& everyone else involved in the Brian Dawkins Lifetime Achievement!!
Dawkins of course had his No. 20 retired by the Eagles last year in an emotional ceremony.
[h/t Tiger alum Ryan Lawrence]
|Sarah Baine on Terrell Owens Is Bowling, but…|
|Sarah Baine on The Evster weighs in on hip, t…|
|ingredients on Flyers-killer Ovechkin won’t p…|
|Daxon on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages