Nov 9, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
Earlier in the week, Eagles corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said that other players in the league think of the Eagles’ defense as a “pretty defense,” meaning one that is not physical.
Here’s one of his quotes from a story by CSN’s Geoff Mosher:
“Everybody looks at us as a pretty defense,” Rodgers-Cromartie said
after Thursday’s practice, “[and that] guys don’t want to be physical.
We’ve got to go up there and make a name for ourselves.”
Other players have actually said this to him?
“Yeah, that’s just around the league,” he continued. “Ya’ll guys are talented but ya’ll don’t want to hit nobody. We’ll see.”
At least DRC looks pretty when he’s rocking the pink clothes and green hair, right? Wait, that’s not what he meant.
Now, DRC admitted that they have to try and reestablish themselves as a tough, physical, imposing defense this Sunday against the Cowboys, but former Eagles legend Brian Dawkins said he’d even take it a step further.
Dawkins was a guest on 97.5 the Fanatic on Friday afternoon and talked about what he’d do if an opposing team called his defense soft. Now, I think B-Dawk was under the impression the Cowboys called the current Eagles’ D “soft,” which I don’t believe is the actual case, but Mikey Miss kind of leads him into that a bit. DRC kind of just said that is an impression other people around the league in general give. (Correct me if I’m wrong?)
But still, the rant Dawk goes on speaks volumes about the differences in those defenses of old and the current regime.
Click on the link below for the actual segment (courtesy 97.5) or try this link for the full interview.
|2nd Seed on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|dakotaandotter on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages