Aug 9, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Every journalist covering the Eagles had an opinion on Chip Kelly blasting music during OTA practices and at training camp over at the NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia. Most of them seemed to hate the song selections. But without the power of Shazam on their smartphones most of them would have had no idea what they were listening to at any given moment in the first place.
But what do the actual Eagles players think of the tunes? Too much Black Eyed Peas? Not enough HOV? A little more Kenny Chesney? Do they dig it? Hate it?
A website called TDDaily.com caught up with Eagles running back LeSean McCoy and got his opinion on the practice tunes and Shady says Chip Kelly knows his shit.
Q: I’ve been reading that Coach Chip Kelly likes to play a lot of music during practice. I also heard it’s mostly oldies and rock. How do you feel about that?
A: Oh, somebody’s been telling you a lie [laughs]. Yo, the majority of music is hip-hop with Coach Kelly.
A: Oh my God, yeah. We be out there jamming. You can name any artist and he knows.
Q: You saying he’s a hip-hop head?
A: Yeah [laughs]. I don’t know what it is, but he has that young energy to him.
Q: Who makes that playlist that he blasts during those open practices?
A: See, I don’t know that. But whoever it is, it’s good. It’s good music.
Shady also goes on to talk about his relationship with rapper Meek Mill, his looking up to Barry Sanders as a kid, his own dance moves, DeSean Jackson trying to get him to play his tunes in the locker room and much more.
But now you know. Chip Kelly can keep LeSean McCoy’s ears happy.
You know what I think? I think tonight is gonna be a good night down at the Linc.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages