Sep 14, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
Great news for those of you who regularly leave hilarious/smart/witty comments on our posts here at The700Level. We’re incredibly excited today to bring you a new Comment of the Week post where on Wednesday’s we’ll highlight one of the best entries each week. The commenters we highlight will each win a $40 gift card to our new bar sponsor, Misconduct Tavern, located in Center City.
A quick backstory: On that infamous October night in 2008, after I sat in the stands for Game 5 (pt. II) and watched the Phillies win the World Series, my brother and I took SEPTA from Pattison Ave. down Broad Street to continue the celebration with the masses. One of the two bars we stopped in that night to enjoy a few cold ones? Misconduct Tavern on 15th and Locust Street. So with that said, we’re excited to announce this new relationship with Misconduct Tavern.
Not only will we be giving away a $40 gift card every week, we’ll also be holding our first official The700Level.com Meetup and Eagles Game Watch. It’ll take place at Misconduct on Thursday December 1st, when the Eagles take on the Seahawks in Seattle for Thursday Night Football. We’ll provide more details as the date moves closer, but mark your calendars now to save the date if you’re interested in attending.
At the event, not only will you be able to watch the Eagles game on one of their 10 TVs and talk some sports with the entire Level crew, there will also be some specials. Three of Misconduct’s beers will be $3 for the night and you’ll also get to enjoy a $3 snack menu. You can come hang out straight from work to grab some food and mingle during happy hour before things really get going when the nationally televised primetime game kicks off.
A little bit about Misconduct Tavern:
All food is made fresh daily with the kitchen open every night until 1:30 am. They have 12 taps with 9 being constantly rotated with a focus on American craft brews in addition to the 70+ bottles in all styles. Located at 15th and Locust, they’re just a block from PATCO and the Broad Street Line. They get all NFL, NHL, ESPN College Gameplan and Fox Soccer games. It’s one of Revs favorite spots to watch EPL games in the city, and a good place to have anything from lunch to happy hour to a long night of entirely responsible drinking.
The first Comment of the Week Winner: Duffman
From Kulp’s Eagles/Rams recap, “Eagles Slop Their Way Past Rams:”
Regarding defensive lineman Jason Babin’s seeming lack of armpit hair, Duffman wrote, “It’s actually part of Jim Washburn’s approach. Gotta have minimum possible drag and create a vortex to the opposing quarterback…”
|Sleezy Baby on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|jotaff on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Franchise on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money