Oct 5, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This week’s Comment of the Week Sponsored by Misconduct Tavern comes from a post dissecting the Eagles pitiful play of late.
Also, don’t forget about our The700Level.com Meetup and Eagles Game Watch
on December 1st at Misconduct, located at 15th and Locust in Center
City. $3 beer specials along with a $3 bar snack menu. Come hang with
the Levelers and watch some Iggles football.
This week’s winner of a $40 gift card to Misconduct is “slasher,” who doesn’t get why there has to be an intra-city rivalry between the Eagles and Phillies.
Why the inter-city competition?, 8:58 pm Oct 02, 2011:
Why does every post about the Eagles have to have people saying how great the Phillies are? The Phillies have been very successful over the last 4 years. That means nothing in a conversation about football. If the Phillies lose, should we point out that the Flyers have 15 division championships since 1967 and are the only team to ever defend a title? Or that Villanova played a perfect game to beat Georgetown and win an NCAA basketball championship? Or that Bernard Hopkins held the middleweight championship for longer than anyone else in history and is the oldest champion in the history of the sport? No, that would all sound stupid. The Eagles are not playing good right now. There are fundamental problems right now. That’s all that matters.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return