Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Before we get to the comment of the week today, I’d like to invite you all to mark your calendars to come out to Smith’s Restaurant and Bar on January 23rd for The700Level.com Flyers watch party and meet up. How often do you get the chance to scream at people in real life who you’ve been yelling at in the comment section for years? The Flyers take on the Blue Jackets so maybe you’ll spot one of those rare “win” things I’m told are possible in sports. Plus, beer!
We created a Facebook event for the watch party so you should hop on over and join us.
As for this week’s comment of the week, we’re going with somekat who was doing some defending of Nick Foles’ most recent victim, the Tampa Bay Bucs. He wins a $25 gift card to Smith’s Restaurant. For those unfamiliar, Smith’s is located right off Rittenhouse Square in Center City and is an awesome place to watch football on Thursday nights or a regular full slate Sunday. They’ve got $4 Harpoon drafts and $5 guacamole, boneless wings, and chicken nachos during all NFL games. Tough to beat $5 chicken nachos.
This week’s winner:
You mean the 0-4 bucs that hadn’t given up more than 23 points before last week, with 2 of the 4 being against he Saints and the Pats?
The 0-4 bucs that held Brady to 220 yards passing?
The 0-4 bucs that held Brees to a 67.5 passer rating?
The 0-4 bucs that are the only team that has made Geno Smith look like a rookie?
The 0-4 bucs that held the Cards to under 300 TOTAL yards?
If that is the 0-4 bucs team that you are talking about, then yes, racking up just short of 300 yards, on 70% completion, with 3 tds in the air and 1 on the ground, AND 3 for 3 in the red zone (against a team that was #2 in the league in that category going in), is VERY impressive for a guy who only has 8 career starts, and the first 7 was playing behind a decimated line, with no weapons to speak of.
|biggirlcookiemonster on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|red2gold on Even your phone thinks Nick Fo…|
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages