Oct 9, 2013, 10:18 AM EST
We’re happy to be teaming up with Smith’s Restaurant and Bar to bring you a new weekly “Comment of the Week” post in which we highlight one of our insightful or witty commenters. Every Wednesday we’ll highlight one noteworthy comment and the winner will receive a $25 gift card to Smith’s which is located in Rittenhouse.
This week’s winner is Sir Digby who sees a pattern in the Flyers coaching carousel.
The Flyers replaced the stern, too demanding Hitchcock with John Stevens, who supposedly had a great relationship with the young players because he was their coach with the Phantoms, until said players took advantage of that relationship, leading to his dismissal and the hiring of the hard-assed Laviolette, who was subsequently too stern and demanding, leading to his dismissal and the promotion of the supposedly player-friendly Berube. Notice a trend here?
Flash forward 2 years (or less) and Berube will be fired in favor of a more stern and demanding coach. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
But heaven forbid you suggest to that old fart Snider that the team needs to change it’s culture…
Congrats on the $25 gift card to Smith’s, Sir Digby. Shoot us an email.
For those who may be unfamiliar, Smith’s Bar and Restaurant is located right off of Rittenhouse Square on 19th Street between Chestnut and Market. It’s a great spot to watch some football with two bars, 11 TVs, and drink specials during all NFL games on Thursdays and Sundays including $3 Bud Lights and Lager drafts. They also do fantastic work in their kitchen and serve great $10 pizzas.
Also, be sure to keep your calendar open for January 23rd when we’ll host another The700Level.com meet up slash Flyers viewing party at Smith’s.
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return