Oct 9, 2013, 10:18 AM EST
We’re happy to be teaming up with Smith’s Restaurant and Bar to bring you a new weekly “Comment of the Week” post in which we highlight one of our insightful or witty commenters. Every Wednesday we’ll highlight one noteworthy comment and the winner will receive a $25 gift card to Smith’s which is located in Rittenhouse.
This week’s winner is Sir Digby who sees a pattern in the Flyers coaching carousel.
The Flyers replaced the stern, too demanding Hitchcock with John Stevens, who supposedly had a great relationship with the young players because he was their coach with the Phantoms, until said players took advantage of that relationship, leading to his dismissal and the hiring of the hard-assed Laviolette, who was subsequently too stern and demanding, leading to his dismissal and the promotion of the supposedly player-friendly Berube. Notice a trend here?
Flash forward 2 years (or less) and Berube will be fired in favor of a more stern and demanding coach. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
But heaven forbid you suggest to that old fart Snider that the team needs to change it’s culture…
Congrats on the $25 gift card to Smith’s, Sir Digby. Shoot us an email.
For those who may be unfamiliar, Smith’s Bar and Restaurant is located right off of Rittenhouse Square on 19th Street between Chestnut and Market. It’s a great spot to watch some football with two bars, 11 TVs, and drink specials during all NFL games on Thursdays and Sundays including $3 Bud Lights and Lager drafts. They also do fantastic work in their kitchen and serve great $10 pizzas.
Also, be sure to keep your calendar open for January 23rd when we’ll host another The700Level.com meet up slash Flyers viewing party at Smith’s.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages