Dec 6, 2013, 1:28 PM EST
The Mike’s cool. But you know what’s really cool? The Jack.
That’s the name the Eagles have given the position Connor Barwin has been playing for the Eagles as of late because he’s pretty much doing it all on the defensive side of the ball.
CSN’s Reuben Frank has a nice article on Barwin today that takes a look at his versatility.
“Connor makes the scheme go,” Davis said. “I move him around multiple spots. He’s inside, on the outside, on the right, outside on the left, he’s over guard. We move him, and we have different techniques we use with him and he’s great with picking them up.
“If I need an edge set on one side or a certain reroute or chip, Connor is the guy we go to. He wears a lot of hats and doesn’t get as many rushes as he would like but does a lot of things for the defense that it’s unselfish on his part.
Barwin goes on to talk about just how different Billy Davis’ system is from what he did in Houston and some of his teammates talk about how Connor could probably even play tight end if they needed him too. The Renaissance Man is versatile and well-rounded both on and off the field.
And he now has the badass name of Jackbacker.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return