Apr 15, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
The Andy Reid days in Philadelphia are over. And with them go the expectations we used to have come draft day. We knew what Andy liked and almost came to anticipate linemen with the Eagles first picks. That’s if he didn’t trade it. Enter Chip Kelly. We don’t have any idea which direction Chipper will go in when the clock is ticking.
In today’s Monday Morning Quarterback column, Sports Illustrated’s Peter King quotes draft guru Mike Mayock as saying as much:
“And,” Mayock said, “you throw a Chip Kelly in there at No. 4. He could
be so different. I’m not sure they value things in Philadelphia the way
everyone else does in the league anymore. So we don’t know that. Add to
that the talent in the first round and the second round is pretty equal
at a lot of spots. I could see [defensive end] Bjoern Werner going six,
I could see him going 28. Right now, I think it’s simply an
unpredictable year. I feel very good about my player analysis as we sit
here right now. I don’t feel good at all about where those players are
King’s column also has a couple of other interesting Birds-related nuggets.
King mentions the Kansas City Chiefs still attempting to shop franchised LT Branden Albert, hoping for an early second-rounder in return. That price may be a bit steep, but it’s a worth discussing for the Eagles. A more tempting package for Philly might be something like this year’s third and something thrown in next year.
Albert could come in and play RT right away, giving them more freedom with their first round selection to go a defensive player or Geno Smith or whoever they really covet.
And speaking of a defensive player they may really like, King also says they may have their eyes on a star.
Eagles have been nutty about getting players who fit the 3-4. Hear they
like Star Lotulelei a lot to play all along the line, even at nose.
Where they go — Geno Smith, pass rusher, best corner in the draft — I
don’t know, but my guess is pass rusher.
There were some concerns after Lotulelei was sent home from the combine with a heart condition, but Howie Roseman told reporters today that he had been cleared of all health issues.
The draft is less than two weeks away. Chip Kelly’s first big play call should give us a glimpse of the future in Philadelphia.
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ericsaxon35 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Brian Grasso on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages