Oct 11, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
We’re not ones to miss out on an opportunity to needle Cowboys fans on this site, but this time it wasn’t us — it was one of their own (and now we’re going to pile on).
Okay, so Troy Aikman didn’t exactly call Cowboys fans bandwagoners. He was talking about Dallas fans, the people who actually have a geographical reason to root for the Cowboys, not the actual bandwagon fans that you and I all know. Well… I guess it’s really one in the same.
Anyway, right before he basically called Dallas fans a bunch of bandwagoners, Aikman was remarking how much more difficult a place to play Philadelphia or New York were compared to what a road team would go through at Cowboys Stadium. His explanation for why wasn’t the building’s acoustics, by the way — It’s a people problem.
Any theories as to why, Troy?
“I think for a large part – and the fans don’t want to hear this – a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they’re there because it’s kind of just a place to be seen. I didn’t know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody’s wearing Rangers hats and saying, ‘Oh yeah, I’m a big Rangers fan.’ I’ve always said Dallas isn’t so much a sports town as it is a winner’s town.”
So to summarize: Cowboys fans in the Delaware Valley, you were always bandwagoners, but I guess it’s okay now because apparently a lot of the folks who frequently attend games in Dallas are bandwagoners, too. You have more in common with them than we ever knew.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages