Nov 27, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Not sure where you stand on professional athletes taking to the internet to apologize for brutal losses, but Eagle Cullen Jenkins posted the above on Twitter following Sunday’s 38-20 loss to the Patriots.
I am inclined to take the big fella at his word here – even if that word happens to be “imbarrased.” Perhaps he’s so ashamed of their performance that the word “embarrassed” wasn’t quite capturing the full scope of his emotion. Truth be told, Jenkins was one of the few Eagles who didn’t embarrass himself on Sunday.
Look, we all make spelling mistakes – especially on Twitter. If nothing
else, and spelling aside, it’s nice to know that an actual member of the
team recognizes just how poor of a performance they put out there.
It’s not often that a real, honest, unvarnished statement makes its way out of the Eagles organization. It’s actually kind of refreshing. I think perhaps I’ll have a talk with Enrico about whether you’re eligible for the Misconduct Tavern Comment of the Week.
Oh, and Jenkins later recognized the error of his spelling ways and posted this follow up tweet.
Amen to that, Cullen. Here’s hoping the Eagles PR flacks don’t censor him for his off-message tweets. Lord knows we need all the hard hutting truth we can get. Cullen, I’ll gladly stall you out, man.
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money