Nov 27, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
Not sure where you stand on professional athletes taking to the internet to apologize for brutal losses, but Eagle Cullen Jenkins posted the above on Twitter following Sunday’s 38-20 loss to the Patriots.
I am inclined to take the big fella at his word here – even if that word happens to be “imbarrased.” Perhaps he’s so ashamed of their performance that the word “embarrassed” wasn’t quite capturing the full scope of his emotion. Truth be told, Jenkins was one of the few Eagles who didn’t embarrass himself on Sunday.
Look, we all make spelling mistakes – especially on Twitter. If nothing
else, and spelling aside, it’s nice to know that an actual member of the
team recognizes just how poor of a performance they put out there.
It’s not often that a real, honest, unvarnished statement makes its way out of the Eagles organization. It’s actually kind of refreshing. I think perhaps I’ll have a talk with Enrico about whether you’re eligible for the Misconduct Tavern Comment of the Week.
Oh, and Jenkins later recognized the error of his spelling ways and posted this follow up tweet.
Amen to that, Cullen. Here’s hoping the Eagles PR flacks don’t censor him for his off-message tweets. Lord knows we need all the hard hutting truth we can get. Cullen, I’ll gladly stall you out, man.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages