Feb 15, 2005, 9:14 AM EST
Sam Donnellon makes some good points about Freddie, but the main point that I disagree with is a point he doesn’t really make. If we send FredEx packing, we have to bring in someone to replace him. I’m not talking about Billy McMullen either, if we let Freddie go or deal him, we need to bring in a legitimate receiver to be #2. Pinky can think he is #2 all he wants, but he is not a number 2.
Who needs this, right? Who needs a guy who caught one pass in the Super Bowl, for a measly 11 yards? Who needs a guy popping off like this every week, a guy who seeks controversy as if he’s a drive-time sports radio show host?
You need him, that’s who.
Unless you have a better backup plan.
Because that’s what Mitchell has become. A nice backup plan. It was nice to have those five catches of his in the playoff game against Minnesota when T.O. was still working on his miracle. Remember Freddie-on-the-spot in that game, wrapping up L.J. Smith’s fumble into the end zone for a touchdown?
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return