Jul 9, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
4 a.m., you’re drunk, and you’re locked out of the hotel you’re staying
at: what do you do? Whatever you decide, don’t pull the fire alarm –
it’s a felony.
That’s the plan Dion Lewis and his brother allegedly hatched
over the weekend, leading to the Eagles’ running back’s arrest on
charges of falsely reporting a fire. But hey, at least they had lodging
for the night. In a jail cell.
First reported by the Times-Union
(via PFT) in Albany, NY, where the two men were staying, the charges are
fairly serious. Deploying emergency services is expensive, and
potentially dangerous if they are diverted from a real situation. Waking/scaring
an entire building full of people could also qualify as disturbing the
peace, though it’s not one of the charges.
Still, it sounds like
the intent here was not malicious. Apparently Lewis did not have his guest key to let
himself inside the hotel, which locks after midnight, so he could not
access his quarters, creating in itself a set of unsafe circumstances.
There had to be a better way to handle things, but he’s certainly not
the first person to make a terrible decision while intoxicated.
report says there is an additional misdemeanor reckless endangerment charge. My guess is if he has an otherwise clean record, and is proactive
about putting the incident behind him, Lewis might be able to plea
down from the felony charges.
His brother, on the other hand, is currently being held without bail because he has prior felony convictions.
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages