Mar 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
The Eagles, oh boy, they have big needs and lots of them. Cornerback.
Safety. And very nearly long snapper. At least they took care of that last one before
free agency officially began, re-signing reliable Jon Dorenbos to a four-year
deal much to the city’s relief.
In all seriousness, the Eagles like everybody else do
require a long snapper, and there was no reason to let the one they have walk
away. Dorenbos has been with the team since he replaced Mike Bartrum midway
into 2006. He even made the Pro Bowl in ’09.
Dorenbos doesn’t really do much else on the gridiron, but he
is a part-time magician. Both he and his wife Julie’s antics off the field have
provided us with enjoyment through the years.
As a footnote, special teams ace Colt Anderson also avoided
a restricted free agent tender by agreeing to a one-year deal.
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|willh888 on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return