Mar 10, 2012, 12:08 PM EST
The Eagles created a minor stir when Baylor’s Robert Griffin III revealed the team interviewed him at the Scouting Combine. The Redskins moved heaven and earth to become the team that will actually draft the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback in April.
Washington agreed to a swap with the St. Louis Rams late Friday night for the number two pick in the draft, dashing whatever faint hopes Eagles fans had of their club moving up for RG3, and ensuring the coveted duel threat will be playing in the NFC East for years to come.
The Redskins, who reportedly had already been spurned by Peyton Manning’s camp, exchanged the sixth overall pick this season, as well as two future first rounders — PLUS additional selections. It is all but guaranteed they will use the pick on Griffin.
On one hand, many believe Griffin could be an All Pro for years to come, the type of player who could restore credibility to a Redskins franchise that has resided in the basement for the better part of two decades. However, as usual, the cost of doing business was prohibitive, and Washington’s roster is already lacking talent, particularly early draft picks largely from trading so many of them away.
There’s no denying the Skins need a QB though, and besides the Browns, they had the best position to make this type of splash. Sad to see Griffin fall into the hands of a rival, but the NFC East just got a whole lot more interesting.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages