Oct 8, 2012, 2:15 AM EST
You gotta hand it to Kurt Coleman, there’s seldom a dull moment in the Eagles’ secondary with the third-year safety. Number 42 has already been in on some of the most memorable plays of this short season — good and bad — but it’s equipment issues he’s quickly becoming famous for.
First he had his helmet trucked off by Cleveland’s Trent Richardson in Week 1. On Sunday, Coleman took out his aggressions on Antonio Brown’s shoe.
Late in the second quarter, the Steelers were driving as the clock worked against them. On 3rd and 4 from inside Birds territory, Ben Roethlisbeger connected with Brown, who had shaken Nnamdi Asomugha on a quick inside move. Coleman tracked down the ball carrier after a gain of 18, hauling him to the turf with a shoestring tackle — quite literally.
So much so that when Coleman stood up, he was still in possession of Brown’s shoe. Rather than hand it back to the opponent or simply drop it though, Coleman chucked that hunk of leather to the sideline. DN’s Les Bowen asked him about it after the game.
“I didn’t want it,” Coleman said, when asked to explain. “I’m not going
to hold onto it and hand it to him. He’s going to have to go get it.”
In the grand scheme, it meant nothing. Brown’s Pittsburgh teammates wound up racing up to the line of scrimmage to spike the ball, and eventually settled for three. However, had they been trying to run a play there, the offense essentially would have been without the receiver. Under any other set of circumstances, Brown would have been forced to come off for at least a play.
And besides being an example of his win-at-all-costs mentality, it was also pretty funny. Unfortunately Coleman couldn’t come up with a game-winning interception on Pittsburgh’s final drive as he did the day he was nearly decapitated in Cleveland.
Hat tip Larry Brown Sports for the video find.
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages