Nov 10, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
All eyes will be on Nick Foles this week to see if the second-year passer can string together two quality games in a row, but the game’s outcome has more far-reaching implications for the Philadelphia than the future under center. With a win over the Packers, the Eagles can improve their record to 5-5 and reinsert themselves into the playoff picture in the process.
As you probably know, the Birds are only one game back of first place in the NFC East, trailing a Cowboys team that is perfectly capable of coughing up a lead as long as Chip Kelly’s crew can keep pace. Philly can also make up a ton of ground in the wild card picture over the next few weeks however, starting today in Green Bay.
Four of the Eagles’ next six opponents either currently hold an edge in the wild card standings or potentially could if they fall out of the division lead, which means the Birds are very much in control of their own destiny. It all starts today at Lambeau Field with a 5-3 Packers team that is seemingly just trying to survive while MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers is out with a collarbone injury.
The Eagles also have upcoming dates with Arizona, Detroit, and Chicago before their Week 17 meeting in Dallas, so there’s a lot of time left to shake things up.
Firs thing’s first for the Birds, and that’s getting back to .500. Seneca Wallace is 1-9 as a starter since 2009, 6-15 for his career, but you can’t take any teams lightly in the NFL, and certainly not the Pack. We’ll find out whether Foles and co. have what it takes to elevate their status as potential postseason contenders.
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money