Oct 26, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
In their weekly Inside the Studio segment on the Philadelphia Eagles official website, one of the recurring features is dubbed “Bird on a Wire” in which they compare an Eagles player to a character from HBO’s hit series “The Wire.”
This week, they discuss the homosexual, drug dealer-robbing, legend of Baltimore’s streets, the one and only Omar Little.
One of the tenants of Omar’s character on “The Wire” is that his reputation as a bad, bad man proceeds him. On the latest installment of Eagles Insider, Nnamdi Asomugha says the Eagle who relates to Omar the most is quarterback Michael Vick. The host then goes on to explain.
“You talk about reputation precedes him, it does seem like throughout the league, Mike has sort of a reputation as…”
“Guys talk about when they were young growing up, they would watch Michael Vick play.”
Oh. So that’s how Michael Vick is like Omar from The Wire. There’s a little more to it, but the crux of it is that both dudes have reputations.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money