Aug 9, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
According to an article in the Sports Business Daily, the Eagles will be the first NFL team to offer in-seat concession ordering via iPhone, Blackberry, or Android devices. The Eagles signed a deal with Bypass Lane, a Texas firm which counts Nolan Ryan among its investors.
It sounds like it will be a relatively painless process to order concessions on your phone, but the delivery is always the challenging part. You may be familiar with the food ordering aspect of the MLB At-Bat ap for iPhone which we reviewed at Citizens Bank Park last season.
According to the SBD article, the app will be limited to the 8,000 club seats at the Linc this season, but could be expanded if successful. Also, there will be no additional fees or price increases to use the app, which is pretty nice.
>>Eagles To Be First NFL Team Using App For In-Seat Concession Ordering [SBJ, subscription required]
Hat tip to our pal Nick Waters.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money