May 18, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
Fans expected the unexpected when Chip Kelly became head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and Chipper is already delivering.
TE Clay Harbor’s future with this team became a bit cloudy once the they signed James Casey a few weeks ago, so it’s not overly surprising that the team has tinkered with him at a new position (OLB) on the other side of the ball where they could find themselves thin if an injury occurs. Intriguing and a bit unexpected.
What I found even more surprising was sure-handed veteran receiver Jason Avant working at safety. CSN’s Geoff Mosher has more on the two players working at different positions. Both are quick to point out they are still offensive guys, however, and are just trying new things per the coach’s request. On Avant:
Avant’s role was already in question given Kelly’s emphasis on tight ends and the spread offense. Avant has primarily played the inside receiver throughout his career, the spot where tight ends usually line up in spread offenses, along with being a key part of special teams. Avant has the best hands among the receivers and makes the toughest catches but doesn’t have high-end speed, which is why he was perfect for the slot in Andy Reid’s West Coast offense.
Who knows how any of this experimentation ends up working out, but it’s just another day in the coaching life of a Chip Kelly team apparently.
How sick would a few interceptions like this be?
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages