Sep 9, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The Eagles, and in particular Michael Vick, made this harder than it had to be. That said, what matters is the Birds escaped Cleveland with a win.
Vick heaved four interceptions, including a pick six that handed the Browns the lead in the fourth quarter, as the offense failed to find a rhythm for most of the afternoon. With the game on the line, and an embarrassing loss looking increasingly likely, they finally figured it out in the closing moments. The Eagles moved 91 yards on 16 plays, capped off by a four-yard touchdown pass to Clay Harbor with 1:18 left to steal the 17-16 victory.
If there were any positives to be taken from this mess, it was the defense standing strong in the face of the five turnovers committed by their teammates, holding the Browns offense to only nine points. Of course, it was only the Browns, being led by a rookie quarterback who looked the part no less, but it was reassuring nonetheless.
Full recap on the way, but for the time being, enjoy the win. Or not.
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return