Sep 9, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The Eagles, and in particular Michael Vick, made this harder than it had to be. That said, what matters is the Birds escaped Cleveland with a win.
Vick heaved four interceptions, including a pick six that handed the Browns the lead in the fourth quarter, as the offense failed to find a rhythm for most of the afternoon. With the game on the line, and an embarrassing loss looking increasingly likely, they finally figured it out in the closing moments. The Eagles moved 91 yards on 16 plays, capped off by a four-yard touchdown pass to Clay Harbor with 1:18 left to steal the 17-16 victory.
If there were any positives to be taken from this mess, it was the defense standing strong in the face of the five turnovers committed by their teammates, holding the Browns offense to only nine points. Of course, it was only the Browns, being led by a rookie quarterback who looked the part no less, but it was reassuring nonetheless.
Full recap on the way, but for the time being, enjoy the win. Or not.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money