Dec 24, 2012, 12:45 PM EST
So that injury to Nick Foles’ throwing hand on Sunday, the
one that he played through for at least the entire second half? Fairly serious
after all. An X-ray on Monday morning revealed a hairline fracture, which will
keep him out of the Week 17 finale in New York.
The news on Foles seems to set up Michael Vick to make the
start on Sunday, quite possibly his last game in an Eagles uniform.
Andy Reid refused to commit to Vick, saying an official
decision would come on Wednesday, but strongly indicated No. 7 was the
likely choice over Trent Edwards. Despite being cleared to play by an
independent neurologist, Vick was inactive for the 27-20 loss to the Redskins
Meanwhile, although Foles’ hand is enough to keep him out
this week, Reid left us with the impression it wasn’t too bad, estimating the kid
would be ready to go in about three weeks.
Kind of a bummer. Following the progression of Foles has
been one of the few reasons to tune in to the Birds over the past month or so.
That said, Vick and company will have a shot to eliminate the Giants’ faint playoff
chances, so that could be fun to watch.
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Matt S. on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages