Oct 29, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
I guess that means the judge wasn’t buying Freddie Mitchell’s defense that head injuries he sustained during his NFL career with the Philadelphia Eagles contributed to the tax fraud schemes he pulled off once he was out of the league.
After appearing in court last week, Mitchell was apparently sentenced today. TMZ has the report:
Former NFL star Freddie Mitchell – who went by the nickname Fred-X during his time with the Philadelphia Eagles — has just been sentenced to 37 MONTHS in prison for tax crimes, TMZSports has learned.
I always thought his nickname was “FredEx” like the delivery company, but I guess nicknames aren’t set in stone.
The maximum penalty Mitchell was facing was ten years in the slammer, so I suppose 37 months is on the lighter end of that. Still, his lawyers were hoping for a slap on the wrist and probation.
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|mickthedick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages