Jan 23, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
Sunday’s busy slate of sports action turned out to be pretty damn entertaining, but the stupid teams we were rooting for had to lose every single game.
First the Flyers and Ilya Bryzgalov, after a wildly entertaining three periods of regulation and overtime against the Bruins, showed that they’re not very good in shootouts. Then Billy Cundiff pulled a Ray Finkle and couldn’t keep Balmer’s Super Bowl dreams alive. And finally, Kyle Williams shattered San Francisco fans hearts by making two incredibly awful special teams plays, handing the New York Giants an overtime victory and another date with Tom Brady.
That’s right. Eli Manning and the New York Effin Giants are heading back to the Super Bowl. The football gods are going to force us to root for Bill Belichick? Awful.
This guy’s going back to the Super Bowl:
Gif by SBN
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages