Nov 20, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
Believe it or not, your 3-7 Philadelphia Eagles will be
featured in primetime in three of the next four weeks. Unlike the suckers at
ESPN and the NFL Network however, NBC could get out of showing an awful game to
a national-television audience.
Unfortunately, they opted not to.
We’re at that time of the year where NBC’s Sunday Night
Football has flex scheduling, which gives the network the option to replace a
game between two bad teams with a game people might actually enjoy.
Philly-Dallas on December 2 would appear to be the epitome of that scenario,
but the network made the decision to keep the matchup anyway, likely thinking the
two fan bases will tune in no matter what.
That’s probably true to an extent, but couldn’t you do us a
solid, NBC? It’s bad enough the Eagles are the laughingstock of the league, do
we really need any additional attention drawn to it?
The Cowboys (5-5) are no prize, either.
As if that weren’t bad enough, the Eagles meet the woeful Panthers
on Monday Night Football this week, followed by the SNF game, then a week and a
half later is Thursday Night Football with the Bengals. Carolina and Cincinnati
are home games, so you can imagine what those crowds will be like for TV – not that
anybody watches the Thursday game.
And we thought the schedule makers were being unkind when
the Birds played four opponents coming off of their bye week…
On another note, with Philly playing four games over an
18-day span – they have a trip to Tampa Bay lined up somewhere in the middle of
all that – I wouldn’t expect any news on the head coaching front until that’s
over with at least. It’s going to be hectic enough as it is without making interim
changes, not to mention the media circus that would inevitably follow.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages