Jul 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Guess what? Donovan McNabb has opinions. What a jerk. I know, right?
Guess what else? McNabb gets paid to express those opinions by the NFL Network. What a jerk. I know, right?
Yeah, but seeing as it is his job and all, we as Eagles fans or members of the media who cover the team probably don’t need to have a reaction to every time the man complains about Tony Romo’s contract, or Matt Stafford’s contract, or wow this dude has a lot of beef with other quarterbacks who happened to get paid. And we definitely should not care the slightest bit if he wants to have a heart-to-heart with Robert Griffin about life in the national spotlight or on a boat or anywhere else.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pretending everything McNabb says or Tweets is off limits, and could never be worth picking apart for our own amusement ever again. We still don’t have all 53 teammates’ takes on whether or not the guy puked during the Super Bowl – that topic never gets old!
Heck, we can even debate his Hall-of-Fame credentials until the end of time (Get it? Because he’ll never get in!) and if his number five should be retired or not until it eventually happens two three decades from now.
But we’re all long past interested in most of what Donovan has to say, which funny enough is in part due to the fact that he’s supposed to be commenting on Stafford’s new contract or participate in awkward angles where he meddles in Griffin’s personal life. That’s what media folks do I’m told.
In other words, if you can’t stand hearing what Donovan McNabb has to say, you better bury your head in the sand. He’s not going away – unless somebody decides to change the channel or unfollow.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return