Dec 8, 2011, 11:14 AM EST
Very few players are having nice all-around seasons on a star-studded Eagles roster. We’ve talked at length about how great Shady McCoy has been. Cullen Jenkins is one of the only productive free agent signings from an offseason littered with them. Colt Anderson, who unfortunately just landed on injured reserve, was having what Andy Reid described as a “Pro-Bowl caliber year” on special teams.
Great article here on perhaps the best one of them all, Jason Peters. Tommy Lawlor tells us Peters is becoming a “special player” right now, breaking down the left tackle’s unique physical abilities and the intricate blocking techniques that are responsible for elevating his game to a higher level. “Right now, I think a lot of people would agree with the comment — Peters is the best left tackle in the NFL.”
I seem to recall Reid making strikingly similar remarks when the team acquired Peters from the Bills in 2009 for first-, fourth-, and sixth-round draft picks, then proceeded to sign him to a six-year contract worth $60 million. So, hey, at least we got that one right.
Who else on the Eagles would you say is having a respectable season?
>> Eagles LT Jason Peters Becoming Special Player [SB Nation]
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages