Feb 13, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
Those concerned Howie Roseman is in way over in his head as
Eagles’ general manager and decider – all of us really, to some extent anyway –
should breathe a sigh of relief today.
The league’s youngest GM added a veteran “football guy” to
the front office on Wednesday in Tom Gamble, naming him to the post of vice president
of player personnel. Gamble will assist in every aspect of personnel, including
both pro and college scouting.
Bringing 24 years of NFL experience to Philadelphia, Gamble spent
the previous nine with the San Francisco 49ers, serving the last two as their
director of pro personnel. He helped rebuild the organization from a disastrous
2-14 season in 2004 into Super Bowl contenders the past two seasons.
Interesting nugget from his bio: Gamble’s career actually
began with the Eagles in 1988 as an assistant in their player personnel
department. His father Harry was formerly the team president, and also at one
time the head coach at Penn.
Say what you want about Roseman, but he obviously believes
in the age-old mantra there’s no substitute for good help. This should ease
some of the worries that Howie would be going it alone and was wielding too
much power of the front office.
Or maybe not. Does the addition of Gamble provide any
comfort to skeptical fan base?
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages