Oct 22, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
A couple weeks back, an anonymous general manager ripped the Detroit Lions franchise from top to bottom in an article that appeared in Pro Football Weekly. As it would happen, the Eagles and GM Howie Roseman especially are not immune to the wrath of PFW’s sources, shrouded in mystery though they are.
Tucked away in a series of quotes which PFW loosely describes as coming from “NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity,” was a damning portrait of Philadelphia’s football operations from an alleged insider. Roseman in particular falls under intense scrutiny, as the Eagles are portrayed as being very poorly run under the current general manager’s watch.
It’s always difficult to know what to make of this stuff when you don’t know where it’s coming from. We can only assume this is somebody who at least worked in the organization at some point since Roseman’s promotion, and if that is indeed the case, clearly we may be dealing with a disgruntled ex-employee, somebody who blames the Eagles’ process for his departure. Every team has their own way of handling business, and it’s unclear what Andy Reid’s involvement is to that end — last we checked, he is still the man in charge over there.
That said, you can bank on hearing a lot more talk of a fractured front office if the current campaign continues heading south. If nothing else, it fuels speculation there have been ongoing power struggles such as the one that supposedly sent Joe Banner packing.
PFW also had a (presumably) separate source weigh in on the Juan Castillo’s ousting, calling the move to promote Todd Bowles to defensive coordinator “long overdue.”
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages