Aug 22, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Nick Foles took the country by storm on Monday night when he stepped in for an injured Mike Vick in front of a national audience on ESPN and proceeded to throw darts against the New England Patriots and their second and third teamers. But if Foles doesn’t turn out to be the next Joe Montana, he could still make a run at being the next Pablo Picasso.
Perhaps you’ve seen these drawings on sports cards done by NFL rookies this season for the Panini America card company — Andrew Luck’s Lucas Oil Stadium that auctioned for $1,500 garnered quite a bit of attention — but other stories failed to notice the genius of Eagles’ backup-superstar-in-the-waiting Nick Foles.
SB Nation did a ranking of sorts of all of the rookie’s works of art, but clearly overlooked Foles’ strokes like so many other NFL team’s who passed him up in April’s draft.
Look at the use of those blacks and greys, the white space, accentuated nicely with the green text. The “Fly Eagles” is a bit tough to decipher, leaving it up the viewer’s interpretation.
You can see more NFL rookie artwork on baseball cards here, but like in football and life, it doesn’t get much better than Nick Foles.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages