Nov 12, 2012, 2:04 AM EST
In a totally Eagles series of moves, they picked two-time Pro Bowler and Cowboys free-agent Mat McBriar to compete with incumbent Chas Henry after a four-way punter tryout back in July. McBriar appeared to be the superior punter, which is of course the punter’s primary job, but was cut before camp concluded because he messed up a couple of holds for Alex Henery in the preseason. Henry responded with a masterful kicking performance in Week 1, and seemed to be okay from there, yet he was replaced by McBriar after three games anyway.
Seven weeks later, McBriar’s true plan finally came to fruition. An enemy spy all along, the punter sabotaged the Birds against Dallas by ignoring any and all additional duties – tackling including.
McBriar’s 49-yard punt came with 13:52 remaining in the fourth quarter, the score tied at 17, and was returned 78 yards to paydirt by a Dwayne Harris. The fact that Harris was able to race down the sidelines unattended obviously is not the punter’s fault, but the piss-poor attempt at shoving the ball carrier out of bounds might almost make you wonder whether McBriar even made an effort at all.
And to think, all he had to do was show up at the Nova Care Complex. And wait for an inevitable failure of infrastructure to occur, resulting in his eventual re-signing. Then again, incredulous Troy Aikman, McBriar is only a punter – not to mention being blocked on the play.
Of course, DeSean Jackson did allude to possible cancers in the locker room only a week or two ago. Maybe Mat McBriar has been the one dragging this team down all along.
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Cadiblack32 on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages