Jul 22, 2012, 5:49 PM EST
Via 97.5 The Fanatic’s Tim McManus, Michael Vick arrived at Lehigh University on Sunday afternoon as rookies and selected veterans from the Eagles reported for training camp. Practices begin tomorrow morning, and the full squad assembles on Thursday.
Andy Reid held his opening press conference, but before he spoke to reporters, head trainer Rick Burkholder delivered a bit of bad news on defensive tackle Mike Patterson. Patterson underwent brain surgery during the offseason, and while he’s said to be donig fine, his physician has not cleared him for football yet. Patterson will not participate in training camp, and it’s unknown when he will return — it could be a matter of months.
Patterson joins Jason Peters on the Non-Football Injury list. Peters is considered a “long shot” to play this season, and frankly that’s better odds than we’re giving him. Special teams ace Colt Anderson will begin camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list, but Reid says he is “very close.”
We’ll get into more on Patterson’s absence and what it means for the defense a little later. For the moment, we’re just excited to be one step closer to football season.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages