Mar 5, 2012, 11:08 AM EST
It was painfully obvious this football thing wasn’t working out anymore for Jarrad Page. Perhaps it’s no coincidence his form while attempting to tackle ball carriers often appeared similar to a fielder reaching for a ground ball.
Released by the Eagles mid-season, Page emerged at a Los Angeles Dodgers tryout last week after spending the rest of 2011 on the Minnesota Vikings’ bench. PFT describes Page as a decorated high school outfielder who was chosen on three separate occasions in Major League Baseball’s draft, including as early as the seventh round.
Page had a horrible stint with the Birds, starting five games early last season while Nate Allen was recovering from injury, and Kurt Coleman spent time sitting. He couldn’t play — specifically, he couldn’t tackle, and frequently took bad angles to the football, running himself out of multiple plays.
PFT suggests Page could have showed up at the tryout for fun, but it’s hard to envision another GM thinking he has anything left to give on the gridiron. Though he managed to rack up 37 tackles while wearing midnight green, his performance could only by categorized as abysmal.
I suppose it’s fitting that the Eagles would sign an outfielder to play safety.
>> Jarrad Page tries out for LA Dodgers [PFT]
|willh888 on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Jeff on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|Chris on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Pipes on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages