Jason Babin Laughed When Andy Reid Told Him He Was Released, Then Laughed Some More When He Shared the Story
Nov 27, 2012, 7:46 PM EST
In case you were worried, Jason Babin is taking his release from the Eagles just fine.
Really, he’s probably in better spirits than you are right now.
Following his release, Babin hit the media circuit Tuesday afternoon, with his best quotes coming in an interview with Jonathan Coachman (“The Coach!”) on ESPN Radio, which we’ve transcribed below.
Babin said Andy Reid called him personally to deliver the news. He was of two minds on the matter. We’ll let him take it from here:
“One, any time you see Andy Reid come across your caller ID, you know [laughs] it’s probably not a good thing.
“But two, [laughs] all I could do was was — almost — I laughed. I was like [while laughing], ‘Alright, coach. if that’s what what you gotta do.’ It was just — I don’t know — caught me off guard.”
Jason Babin. The latest on the confirmed list of guys who don’t quite “get it.”
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages