Jan 8, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
The Eagles have made it known that they requested permission to talk to Jay Gruden. But they still haven’t inquired at all with the mancrush of Casual Fans Who Watch Monday Night Football And Love Guys They’ve Actually Heard Of, Jon Gruden. Jaws doesn’t understand why the Eagles haven’t reached out to him.
Jaws was talking with Mike Missanelli on 97.5 the Fanatic and expressed his preference for a guy who has Super Bowl experience ala Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher.
But Jaworski couldn’t have been more direct about his advice to the
Eagles: “I would want a guy that is a proven winning Super Bowl coach.”
“We know the job in Philly is not for everyone,” he said. “You better
not be sensitive, you better have a tough skin, you better have a strong
backbone, and be able to deal with the media and the fans of this
There’s been plenty of debate as to why the Eagles haven’t gone after either of the two guys mentioned above, from too expensive to too boisterous of a personality. What ever the reasoning may be, the Eagles haven’t reached out to either, and Jaws doesn’t get why not.
For more on what Jaws had to say, check out Peter Mucha’s story here.
>>Ron Jaworski rips Eagles for ignoring Jon Gruden [Philly.com]
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money