Mar 18, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
This was a topic of conversation when MetLife Stadium was first awarded a Super Bowl, but Jeffrey Lurie is now actively campaigning.
At the NFL owners’ meetings in Arizona, Lurie said he would like Lincoln Financial Field to host a Super Bowl if next year’s game in North Jersey proves a success.
“Growing up in Boston, I went to more great games in snow
conditions,” Lurie said during the lunch recess at the NFL Meetings at
the Arizona Biltmore hotel. “Some of the most memorable games I’ve ever
been to were very difficult and wonderful conditions. I would have no
fear of it snowing — as long as there’s no public safety issue that
day, I think it would be great if it’s snowing a bit.”
Asked then if he would seek a roman-numeraled game for Philly, Lurie
said. “I will. Yes, I will. If it’s a success. New York will help us.”
If it actually landed the game, the Linc would only be the second stadium to host a Super Bowl with a capacity of less than 70,000, with the other being the Metrodome in 1992.
The average ticket on the secondary market last year was around $3,100, according to the Baltimore Business Journal, and the Super Dome holds about 75,000. Granted, you’d be saving on travel costs.
Wait a minute, imagine the Eagles in a Super Bowl in Philly. Why don’t we just do that? Yeah, let’s just do that.
While we’re at it, MetLife is hosting WrestleMania outside this year … Just sayin.
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages