Sep 19, 2011, 1:42 AM EST
Jeremy Maclin had a fantastic game on Sunday night against the Falcons. Well, up until that final play in the fourth quarter where he dropped a ball that backup QB Mike Kafka put right in his bread basket on fourth down to clinch the game for Atlanta.
It’s easy to get angry at Maclin for dropping that pass. It was a ball he absolutely should have caught. It’s was a painful drop to watch — no doubt.
But let’s not forget Maclin caught 13 balls for a whopping 171 yards on the night up until that point for two touchdowns, including a snazzy one-handed grab on the goal line. [videos below]
His dropped ball came at the absolute worst time, but he owned up for it after the game, saying it’s a play he has to make. He even went so far as to apologize for it on Twitter.
The good news for Maclin is his costly drop came in week 2 of a long NFL season. He’ll have plenty of time to make up for it.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages