Sep 19, 2011, 1:42 AM EST
Jeremy Maclin had a fantastic game on Sunday night against the Falcons. Well, up until that final play in the fourth quarter where he dropped a ball that backup QB Mike Kafka put right in his bread basket on fourth down to clinch the game for Atlanta.
It’s easy to get angry at Maclin for dropping that pass. It was a ball he absolutely should have caught. It’s was a painful drop to watch — no doubt.
But let’s not forget Maclin caught 13 balls for a whopping 171 yards on the night up until that point for two touchdowns, including a snazzy one-handed grab on the goal line. [videos below]
His dropped ball came at the absolute worst time, but he owned up for it after the game, saying it’s a play he has to make. He even went so far as to apologize for it on Twitter.
The good news for Maclin is his costly drop came in week 2 of a long NFL season. He’ll have plenty of time to make up for it.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages