Mar 26, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
I had the pleasure of attending Monday Night Raw at Wells Fargo Center last night and resisted all urges to boo for a solid three hours. My responses were overwhelmingly positive, even if I was confusing the kids in front of me by rooting for every “bad guy” on the roster.
Then John Cena compared himself to Donovan McNabb.
During Raw’s main event — which was actually a debate on a pro wrestling show (just go with it) — Cena and The Rock answered questions from a panel of WWE Hall of Famers about their upcoming match for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
I’m not going to start explaining a decade worth of wrestling continuity or why Cena’s character has the memory of the goldfish, so here’s the short version:
Cena lost to the Rock at last year’s WrestleMania, got divorced IRL, lost a couple matches, and now he’s seeking at shot at redemption. He’s out to win “the big one.” Enter his self-comparison to McNabb which you can watch below.
It was at this point that I began hissing and cursing John Cena to hell. The kids in front of me needed to learn right from wrong and if their mother wasn’t going to teach them, then the responsibility fell to me.
It’s likely the majority of the boos you hear are just people booing at the sound of McNabb’s name, although there’s at least the hope that some of the response was reserved for Cena himself.
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return