Jul 19, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
With the Eagles obvious need at the corner back position, rumors of a Kevin Kolb for Dominique Rogers-Cromartie trade have been floated for a while now, most seemed to think it originated by a fan doing some wishful thinking. But now somebody with a “source” has finally chimed in.
From the National Football Post:
quarterback Kevin Kolb is the passer the Cardinals are poised to pursue.
Per Jurecki, the Cardinals are prepared to offer cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie “straight up” for Kolb. Jurecki cites a “source” in his report, and the Eagles are believed to be seeking help at cornerback.
Then there’s this quote from Kolb yesterday to Howard Eskin who was working the Dan Patrick Show:
PFT adds their thoughts, noting that they believe the Seahawks will make a push for Kolb as well.
But what about a Kolb for DRC deal? It’s not outlandish, and obviously fills a need for both teams, while kind of creating a new one for Arizona at corner. Though they did just draft a CB with the fifth pick this year, however, in Patrick Peterson.
As for DRC, he’s a very good corner, and would more than fill the Eagles need. He’s not Asomugha, but he’s probably right around the same level as anybody else on the market. He’d also probably come cheaper, especially if they don’t need to rework his contract this year.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money