Apr 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
While the Eagles and just about everyone else searches for a Jason Peters replacement in free agency or the draft, we’ve suggested King Dunlap could be an option to start at either of the tackle spots. We say that with all the confidence one can have in a former seventh-round draft pick who has started all of seven games in the NFL, but he’s there.
ProFootballFocus went back and looked at those seven starts, along with a couple others where Dunlap had significant playing time, and the results might surprise some of our readers. He has certainly had his ups and downs, but the study ultimately reveals he the Eagles won’t necessarily be better off signing a Demtrius Bell or Marcus McNeill.
Dunlap has come a long way since he was drafted in ’08. It’s no surprise his first few outings weren’t necessarily great — though he posted a “perfect game” against the Falcons in 2010, his second career start. However, between the end of the ’10 season, and his two starts last year, Dunlap has been nothing but solid for the Birds.
Again, we’re all for finding some competition for the job, and/or adding some depth on the outside. We just think you shouldn’t rule out King Dunlap either, especially if recent performances are a sign of things to come.
>> King Dunlap: The In-house Answer? [PFF]
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money