Nov 29, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
Stop. No, really. Just stop.
One of the most frustrating aspects of this Eagles’ debacle, or season as it were — and there are many frustrating aspects — is all the chatter. From Jason Avant’s “Don’t jump on the bandwagon,” to Vince Young’s… well, you know… to the weekly proclamation the Eagles were in fact the better football team after yet another awful loss, the locker room has done enough chirping for the entire NFC East this year, let alone one team.
The worst part is, being 4-7, and for all intents and purposes out of post-season contention, hasn’t perturbed these guys from running their mouths. This time it’s backup defensive tackle Trevor Laws, who thinks Thursday night’s cross-country trip to Seattle to play the Seahawks on a short week is a game he could fairly describe as “easily winnable.”
“That’s just how I feel.”
It’s not necessarily the feeling it part we have a problem with, Trevor. It’s the sharing it. Although, what exactly makes you feel that way?
“Watching the film…”
Really? Not your own film, obviously.
You see, you guys have not backed up your talk all season. There were a lot of games that were “easily winnable” this season, such as the five losses where the defense blew a fourth-quarter lead. There were even teams the Eagles “should blow out,” for instance the Arizona Cardinals, who came to town with their backup quarterback and flat out stole a 21-17 win.
You’re going to a notoriously difficult place to play on the road, coming off an absolute beatdown in your own building no less, and you want to talk about a blowout NOW? Are you serious?
What’s it gonna take to humble this team?
Clearly it’s not being so far behind the pack, they’re in danger of being lapped. What a mess.
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages